Friday, July 23, 2010

Grandmother duties ...

Baby Bradley has arrived, cute as ever! He just keeps growing, he is bigger every time I see him!

Grandma (that's me!) was asked to babysit on Monday while the kids go canoeing. Of course I said yes, I will LOVE to. Then I canceled a meeting I had on Monday and rescheduled it for Wednesday.

My question is this: why, when I am unemployed and my days are filled with empty hours, is it on the day I actually have something planned that I have the opportunity to see my grandchild??? Much as I love my children and grandchildren (and I do, I love them all very, very much), sometimes it seems as if there is no ME anymore, just wife, mother, grandmother ...

Ah, well ... the days may be long but the years are short. Bring on the babies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment