Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Long-arm quilting!

I am now a long-arm quilter!!! I am so excited, even though I am really only a mid-arm quilter, but still ... I am the proud owner of a Voyager 17 and a Stretch Hinterberg frame! I have it set up with six foot poles for practice;  it looks like it is tucked into the corner of my room, which is, technically, true.  What you can't see are all the boxes that are out in the hall to make room for this setup, which takes up a bit more than a corner of my room! 


I cut an old sheet in half to practice on, which is kind of cool, for two reasons.  First, the sheet has all these triangles on it, which make a great design to practice on, and, second, this is the sheet I used as a sleeping bag in the hostels in Europe many years ago.  So, as I struggle with quilting triangle points I am reminded of a great trip to Germany with my daughter!

So far, the Germany memories are the best thing that has come out of my practice session, but hey, tonight was my first night of long-arm quilting!!!  (It will get easier, right??!)

No comments:

Post a Comment