Saturday, October 13, 2012

End of summer ... almost!

Summer must be over, it is too cool for shorts.  I don't think I ever wore jeans in August before!  Anyway, I have been doing quite a bit of knitting this summer.  I finished this silk/wool blend top; I love knitting in textures, and this has a pretty lace edging on the bottom and over the shoulders. 




I have also been working on another summer top, using a cotton/linen blend yarn.  I call it my "dot" sweater, because it has a tan background with lots and lots of colorful dots knit in!  Since the dots won't use a whole skein of yarn, I am planning to take all the extra yarn and knit matching "dot" sweaters for my granddaughters (ages 3 and 5).  Dots are rather time-consuming to knit (I spend a lot of time untangling yarn, or working in raw ends), so I'm thinking I should maybe make the first granddaughter sweater in size 8 - by the time I finish it, one of them will probably be eight years old!

And then, I finished the quilt top for my daughter-in-law, and I absolutely love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment