Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Babies to the barn ...

Took the four baby chicks down to the barn today. They hatched a week ago, but I figured it would be easier to keep them watered and fed if they were here in the house, and, since there were only four of them, they fit in a box. AND, they are very quiet; if they were constantly peeping they would have been in the barn as soon as possible! But, they are growing VERY quickly; every time I check, their little food dish is empty and they have bedding filling their water dish, so, down to the barn they must go. Cute, cute, cute little things. Almost as cute as my granddaughters (ages almost three and one); they were here for the weekend and really liked the little chicks, too. The baby says "clu,clu,clu" when she looks at them!

I am going to try to candle the Moran eggs I have incubating. They were started ten days ago, but since the eggs are a deep brown ("chocolate" eggs!!), it will be hard to see any development. I think. I will have to try a few and see. I think it is WAY COOL to candle eggs and see what's going on inside. Noone else here seems to think so, but ... IT IS WAY COOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment