Monday, August 16, 2010

Baby chicks and BATS!

Well, I have two newly hatched Moran chicks, with a third currently pecking its way out.  I have sixteen eggs, so hopefully there will be a hatching frenzy tonight!

There was a bat in my house today!  It was sleeping, hanging by its feet from the molding above the door.  Really cute, as long as it stayed sleeping ... Ben came home and scooped it up in a fishing net and let it go outside.  Well, he tried to let it go; it was clinging to the fishing net and didn't want to be "let go".  It finally crawled out and flew away.

I am still trying to decide which quilt to make next;  soooo many designs to choose from, sooooo many fabrics to select.  And, should I make a quilt to use up some of the fabric in my stash, or should I start working on a gift quilt (for Christmas)?  I probably should just dig through my stash, select fabrics to work with and get working; whilst my hands are busy with that project, I can be turning over gift-quilt options in my mind.  The key words here are "get working".  Just dreaming doesn't accomplish much.  I know; I have dreamed away a lot of this year.  But, does making quilts for nobody really count as accomplishment???
 

No comments:

Post a Comment