Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby sweaters ... completed!

Here are the baby sweaters I knitted, I think they are absolutely adorable!  They are each only about 10 inches across, with six inch sleeves, not really tiny, but ... size newborn to three months.  The blue sweater is from a pattern called Bamboozle Bambino Sweater, designed by Sandi Rosner.  I just love the little double-breasted look.  I wasn't thrilled about having six buttons (hard to see in the pictures, but there are six), but it was so cute I put them all on.  For yarn, I used Baby Bee Little Britches, in teddybear.  It is mostly blue (obviously!), with little flecks of other color.  Nice and soft and really sweet!

The pink sweater is a modification of "to bobble or not to bobble", a pattern from the book "The Yarn Girls' Guide to Kid Knits" (GREAT book, simple patterns that lend themselves well to creative use of color).  The original pattern has bobbles on the cuffs and has a collar that also has bobbles.  I figured a newborn would end up with cuff/collar bobbles in it's mouth, so I left them off.  The yarn is heavier than the Little Britches (I think it is a Vanna White blend), but with the daisy flower buttons I think it also turned out really well.


So, with the sweaters done and delivered, today I started knitting mittens for my daughter.  I knitted a scarf for her for Christmas, and she mentioned she needed mittens as well.  I thought, sure, why not?, mittens are a fast knit.  Well, they are if they are just knitted, but I found a really cool pattern (lots of really cool patterns, actually, but I picked this one) called Chevalier Mittens.  (Link:   http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/chevalier-mittens)  Really cool!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment